- 1 onion or 3 spring onions coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot coarsely chopped
- 1 celery coarsely chopped
- 1 parsnip coarsely chopped
- 1 turnip coarsely chopped
- (Or whatever root veg you have left over in the fridge)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 C quinoa (tri-colour or white)
- 150g cooked chicken diced
- 1 zuchinni diced
- 1 litre of chicken stock (organic preferably)
- 1 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 1 400g Tin of cannellini beans
Step 1. Process the garlic and root vegetables in a food processor or thermomix and chop on high speed, set aside.
Step 2. Place a pan on medium heat with a few glugs of olive oil. Add the processed root vegetables and bay leaf and cook for 5mins. Add the diced cooked chicken and stir through, cook for 2 mins.
Step 3. Add the stock and tinned tomatoes and increase heat to bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in the quinoa. Simmer for 5 mins stirring occasionally then add the zuchinni and further simmer for 5 mins.
Step 4. Add the cannellini beans and stir through. Simmer on low for a further 2 mins or until quinoa and zuchinni are cooked through.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.